Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Great Wallet Heist

Some of you may have noticed that I have redesigned the layout of the Blog, if you haven't, open your eyes! Although being a Runner may occupy my legs most of the time, my hands are mostly free, hence this. It also serves to help keep my mind off the COSMIC ABOMINATIONS HUNTING ME!!!, a very pleasant distraction from that.

On to the thievery. I left the motel and headed into the main parts of the city, I was hungry so I decided to find a café so I could get some food before I robbed the place. I found one with a self service buffet-type deal, which is necessary as no one ever remembers my orders, and got some food. I payed the woman at the counter and sat at a table, eating my "meal" of a chocolate-chip muffin and coke.

I took this time to check up on my blog, deciding to pimp it out, give it a more personal feel, this is the result. After I was finished I popped the last bit of my muffin into my mouth and grabbing what remained of my coke I made my way to the bathroom. Emerging again to stand near the counter, I was looking at my phone to make me look like I was texting or some such, 'not' waiting for a chance to grab some cash. Although it probably didn't matter, people never take any notice of me anymore, as long as I'm not directly interfering with them -such as stealing their wallet.

The cash register was "heavily guarded" by a twenty-something year-old woman with short blonde hair. But then a better(or at least easier) opportunity came, a man left his wallet on the counter to reach for his ringing mobile-phone, I steeled myself, for once hoping that I'd be rapidly forgotten. I swooped in, discreetly swiping the wallet and slid around the man, walking swiftly out the door.

"Hey! You!" I'd been spotted.

I sprinted out, over the street and into the square across the way, careful timing allowing me to avoid being splattered by oncoming cars. The man emerged from the café, shouting after me, but the traffic wasn't so light for him and he was unable to pursue me across the road. I watched from the cobbled ground of the square, drinking from my bottle of coke, as a confused expression spread across his face. He reached to his back pocket, and failing to find what he sought, began to frisk his other pockets and coat.

"Where's my wallet?" he mouthed, turning and heading back into the café.

Huzzah! My first successful robbery. Maybe I'll try a bank next time. Or a train! That would be cool.

I searched the wallet, finding several dozen euro, a library card and a couple credit cards. He was wearing a business suit so I'm presuming he has a fair amount in his account. I'll try the airport tomorrow, fortunately people don't seem able to look at me properly so my age shouldn't be a problem when trying to buy a ticket.

Back at my motel for now, still no further sightings. I drank all my coke.

-Shady

1 comment:

  1. I'd advise against going to Africa. Europe's fine for now, though.

    ReplyDelete