Sunday 28 October 2012

Heartless

I was sick and tired of it. The Stitched Man as far as I could tell wasn't a Fear, unless there's others out there that people don't know about, making him likely a proxy of some kind. Proxies can die. Mr. Proxiehunter can vouch for that. Shoot it in the face and it should die. That was the plan anyway.

The way I saw it: He only appears when he wants to, he can appear anywhere he wants, if he wanted to kill me he would/could have done it by now, showing up with a gun will either kill him or not. If so, hooray. If not, nothing changes, if he can't die I'm no threat to him and things carry on as normal. I couldn't make things any worse.

I went out walking with a gun. No one can see me so being inconspicuous wasn't a problem. I was expecting the Stitched Man to show up and low and behold he did. I found him at the edge of the city, hood down, still invisible, just staring at me as usual. I aimed the gun at his head, which he tilted curiously at the sight of it.

Bang.

I honestly didn't know I was that good of a shot, but the bullet came out, and blood burst out the back of his head. The gun wasn't unraveled, the bullet wasn't unraveled, everything was there and everything went according to plan. He collapsed onto his back. Dead as far as I could tell. I think he was dead, he just didn't stay dead. Or as I guess you could say, I never even shot him.

He rose to his feet without any support, the bullet shot out of his face, the blood spraying back inside his skull and flesh reforming over the hole. The bullet re-entered my gun and everything was as it was before I had shot him. It was undone.

I was useless, everything I did would become moot. All actions become obsolete. I had no reason for anything. Stitchy started walking towards me, I dropped to my knees, nothing I could do to stop him. He kicked me onto my back, placing a black boot on my chest and glared down at me with his lack of intact eyes. He leaned down close, a knife in his hand, brandishing it like some stereotypical serial killer.

"Have you realised the futility of your actions?" his voice inside my own head.

"Who are you?" I asked, figuring if he thought my actions were futile he could be reveal information and I could do nothing about it. Clearly his reasoning too.

"I am Master Nowhere of the Sine Corda," he said within my mind. 

The Sine Corda. Agents of THE HUNGERING. Supposedly there is a hole where their hearts should be, created by THE HUNGERING. Hence the name, Latin for "Without hearts." It's been speculated that the Sine Corda don't actually do THE HUNGERING's bidding as It cares nothing for anything, thus it's only their delusions that they do as THE HUNGERING wills. I don't know. It unraveled my attempt to kill him. 

"Well then..." I gasped, his foot still pressing down on my chest, "Why me?"

"You have a very special quality," he said, "There's something very special inside of you. It gives you something that we of the Nevermore Accord are very interested in."

"Are you going to tell me what?" I wheezed.

He shook his head, "Not yet. Not now. Just wait."

"Oh..." I said, "Okay."

I turned the gun towards him and shot his face again, sending him flying off me. I clambered to my feet, racing off as quickly as I could. Glancing over my shoulder I saw his death in reverse, the bullet falling out of his face as the flesh regenerated. He glared after me, before dispersing into void.

I'm going to live. If not for me than I'm going to find out everything about THE HUNGERING and the plans of the Sine Corda and the Nevermore Accord and I'm going to tell everyone that'll listen and maybe together I can stop the whole thing. S said this blog will survive. Then I will too. Screw their plans! I'm going to shoot his face off and I'm going to make it stick!

-Shady





1 comment:

  1. "Something special inside you."

    Like you, I really want to know what that means. I have an idea, but there's some other stuff I need to find out first before I can actually confirm it.

    Anyway, I'm going to start working on putting up the Quiet document.

    ReplyDelete