Tuesday 16 October 2012

I Believe the Term is 'Runner'

-Someone or something that runs. Duh.

Or, in this case: Someone who runs from Fears.

I now fall under this title. Mainly because I now run a lot. I run as far as I can for most of the day, getting whatever transport I can afford while still rationing what money I have. It's disappearing rapidly, both spending and unraveling, a couple of the stuff from my bag have already gone. I've also decided to start labeling my posts, in case there happens to be anyone searching the blogs for Runners to miraculously save and I miss out (-is that even how labels work?).

I'm not exactly at peek physical condition (all this running will help fix that) and I can't get very far everyday. At least not on foot. I bought a bus-ticket to Dublin, it wasn't an eventful journey, thank the Lord. I slept for most of the trip, public transport is my favourite place to sleep:

  1. It's crowded, so if something creepy happens there will be plenty of warning, depending on creepiness - by screaming. This may awaken me if I'm asleep.
  2. It's one of the few crowded places it's socially acceptable to sleep. Even in my highly forgettable state I'd prefer not to raise any suspicion, trying to sleep in, say, a restaurant, may do this.
  3. I can move while sleeping at the same time. It's like an extension of my new occupation as 'Runner', I can stay on the run while sleeping, killing two Convocation-birds with one stone.

I'm now staying at a Dublin motel, no further sightings of abnormal entities (Hooded Stalker Freak, Slenderman, THE FROST, THE RIPPER etc.) but it'll be a long time before I can even begin to think that I may be able to perhaps relax...slightly. 

How many are there out there? The Runners. How many people are running? Where are they? Do we have any hope?

-Shady

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, running kind of sucks. Well, at least you don't stay in one place long enough for the credit card companies to track you down (that's pretty much how I survive).

    As for how many runners, I really couldn't tell you. I haven't been doing this for very long.

    ReplyDelete