Thursday 18 October 2012

Hunted by a Garden Tool

Get it? It's a rake! Man, I'm so unfunny.

Anyway, yeah. I swore a lot there. It seamed like the right thing to do. Essentially, THE RIPPER decided it wanted to kill me now.

I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, it's not that easy when your in this much danger. The leaking tap in the bathroom along with the flickering neon sign outside didn't help much either. Sleazy motels don't just exist on TV. I was lying on my back, staring at the grey mould above my bed, hoping it wasn't THE CHORUS, when I started hearing unintelligible whispers; first thought: THE CHORUS. It wasn't.

I heard scraping at the door, something with large claws trying to get through. I was up like a shot, grabbing any loose possessions and shoving them unceremoniously into my bag, along with my phone after I made my post. I grabbed the lamp from the bedside table, holding it at the ready like some majestic sword. The door didn't hold up long, chips began to fly as long claws began to slide through, tearing out chunks of wood until a hole big enough was made for the thing to get inside.

It sat in its freshly made doorway, down on its haunches, claws lightly tapping the ground. Long, metal blades fused into its fingers, bloodied and rusted, pustules have sprouted where the claws meet the fingers. They tap the floorboards almost hypnotically, the sounds of scissors accompanying each movement. Then there's its eyes. Wide and almost curious, giving it an almost innocent look, but they're wrong! Just wrong! They're human. Young, bright, human eyes, a cheerful shade of blue. Looking at them they look like a child's eyes, they don't fit this thing, they've been twisted into service for a monster. A monster is looking at you with the eyes of the innocent! It's wrong.

The creature swept into the room, scurrying along gracefully, its claws making periodic scrapes on the floorboards. The thing was on me within a second, before I even had time to strike out with the lamp. It forced me against the wall, my eyes fixed to its own, unable to break the gaze. It rose slightly, still hunched over but just slightly below my face. It raised a hand to my face, touching me with what could almost be thought of as...as care. Its claws were in the way however, and as it soon as it made contact a small cut was made on my cheek. I recoiled and it quickly whipped its hand away, opening its mouth and revealing its yellowed and decayed teeth.

It screamed. A scream I refuse to describe for the sake of my sanity.

Startled out of my trance I realised that it would probable kill me any moment now, so I lifted the lamp, slamming it into its head. It stumbled back and I seized the opportunity instantly. Grabbing my bag I sprinted out the door, squeezing through the hole it had made rather than fumbling with keys. It wasn't dazed for long and gave chase almost instantly, pursuing me down the hallway, scurrying like an insect.

I reached the elevator, already at my floor in an act of extreme luck, pulling open the old-fashioned grate acting as a door and got inside, slamming the button for ground floor. The gears creaked and groaned as the elevator began to lower itself at a painfully slow pace. THE RIPPER reached the elevator just before it dropped out of sight of that floor, reaching a hand in. Its flesh wasn't enough to stop the elevator and the metal ripped its hand from the limb, landing in front of me as I pressed myself against the side of the elevator, panting heavily. The hand twitched repeatedly, like some dead spider, but didn't seam to have any remaining motor function.

My relief didn't last long however. THE RIPPER dropped down on the top of the elevator, the claws on its remaining hand scraping against the metal as they reached in, I had dropped to the floor and they were unable to reach me. Then something impossible happened: They grew. The metal stretched out, elongating just enough to reach me. They "raked" me across my arm as I raised it defensively and blood rapidly began pouring from the wounds.

The elevator reached the ground and I opened the grate, rushing out, hugging my bleeding arm. The creature let out a scream after me as it was trapped atop the elevator. I ran and didn't stop running for several blocks. After ensuring I had escaped I dropped to ground, exhausted from running and loss of blood. I had bandages in my bag so I began wrapping up my arm as skillfully as I could.

Now I'm just walking around aimlessly. I've heard THE RIPPER can infect people with its claws. Make them sick and delusional. That's all I need right now.

-Shady

No comments:

Post a Comment