Friday 26 October 2012

I'm Back, Baby!

To cut a long story short I got to mainland Europe fairly uneventfully. I got to the airport, bought myself a ticket to Berlin (cause I know 'some' German), boarded the plane to said destination, flew there, and arrived. A process usually known as "air travel".

That's when the creepiness started. Wandering through the Berlin airport with my bag, moving out of the way of the swarming people as they had no intention of moving for me, my phone out, writing a post for this blog to update everyone to my situation. I saw the un-Hooded Stalker Freak. His face out for all to see, presumably just as invisible to the people around as I was. Looking at him all noise seemed to drain from the area, dulling to white-noise and then nothing. Becoming Quiet.

He didn't appear to have any intention of moving against me and I didn't really like the notion of engaging him. I don't even know if he can die. Nonetheless, we fought in a sense, a staring contest. He may have had the advantage, not actually having eyes, but I was unable to break his gaze. My hands just as unmoving and unable to continue writing. I heard it before I saw it, the first sound in a while, a creaking and cracking. The windows behind him were turning blue, frost spreading over them. I heard a distant voice. A child. The words drifting to me on the cold air.

"The Itsy Bitsy Spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain
And the Itsy Bitsy Spider went up the spout again."

The cold had become too much to bare, I had to escape. I used what will I had and managed to snap from the gaze of the Stitched Man, turning to get as far away as I could from him. Which as it turns out wasn't very far.

I spun around, coming face to...kind of over face with THE FROST. The boy's face gazing up at me curiously, a small hand of ice reached out. I was frozen in more ways than one, unable to pull back from his reach. His cold fingers came into contact with my hand. The pain was impossible. My hand completely frozen in an instant, the cold burning it more than any fire. I screamed and dropped to the ground, my phone falling from my hand. The shock to my system was enough to snap me from my Isolation, sound once more returning to the world, the air being pumped with heat, colour filling the previously icy air.

I jolted to my feet, my hand still completely unable to move. I'm amazed it didn't succumb to frost-bite and fall off, but maybe that's because it wouldn't hurt so much then. Hand can't hurt if I don't have one, there's a reason these things are called Fears. I ran out of there, not even noticing my lack of phone. I got onto a bus to the city, prepared to pay the fee, it wasn't necessary. The bus-driver couldn't see me. I was almost completely gone now. I could walk right past anyone and go anywhere. It hardly made me feel any better. Not emotionally and needless to say, not physically.

I figured if I'm going to stay somewhere, now that I'm invisible I may as well stay somewhere with class. I went to the nearest 5 star hotel and grabbed a key from behind the counter, no one stopping me or even looking at me. I got up to my room and climbed into bed, exhausted in so many ways, wrapping my hand up in the blanket. I fell asleep and dreamed of nothing, not not dreaming, dreaming of nothing.

I awoke the next morning, the room bright, warm and undisturbed by evil monsters. This certainly did make me feel better, in both ways. Man, I wish that had lasted longer. I reached into my bag, figuring this was a good time for a blog update, only to discover there was no phone in that bag. That wasn't terrible, I could just use the hotel internet or get a new one, all for free. Then it struck me. Without my phone I no longer had my protection from Time-Lapses, no phone = no story = Aaaah!

I raced from the room, something told me the hotel internet wouldn't cut it. I don't have a rule-book on this sort of thing (If anyone has one, please tell me!), but I felt I needed something in my inner circle. I needed to own it. I ran through the city, fortunately I never undressed when I went to bed to night before, searching for a phone or laptop store. I wasn't fast enough. I keeled over, every atom in my body being wrenched from the time-space continuum before being dropped back inside eight hours later.

I continued on my trek, finding a phone shop, running inside and grabbing a phone (a nice upgrade in fact), no one intercepting me or disturbing me as I desperately waited for the thing to turn on. Navigating my way through it to where I could re-write my story. Bleep! 

No Battery.

Grabbing the appropriate charger I ran to the nearest place with an outlet, an internet café, and plugged the thing in. A few eternities later the little battery bar had moved up two places, only to drop one. THE HUNGERING has decided, yeah: DECIDED, it was going to unravel my bloody battery! I dropped to the ground again, tasting blood in my mouth as my surroundings buzzed, picking myself back up nineteen whole hours later! AND THE BATTERY WAS ONLY TWO BARS FULL!!!

I spent the next few days in that café. I tried using a computer provided: No use. I lifted someone else's phone: Bleep -No Battery. I took a laptop to the same result. They only intensified, skipping hours at a time, more than once vomiting, more than once it was blood. I thought I was going to die then and there (when/where ever then and there was), when I heard the phone Bleep! the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard. Grabbing it again I flicked it through as fast as my fingers could, my injury completely overcome by pure adrenaline. Writing the whole thing out again, I sat back. It was earlier today at about two in the morning and I dragged myself back to my hotel room, lying in bed and sleeping until a few minutes ago. Satisfied I had stopped the lapses, I finally managed an update to my blog, recounting what had happened, ie. This!

You didn't think the "Long story short" remark at the start was referring to the whole post did you? Long story short: I'm back, baby!

-Shady

PS. Thank you Mr. Knight for saving my life with your suggestion.


1 comment:

  1. Like I said on my blog, that's what I'm here for.

    It's very strange, though, how these beings keep manifesting themselves around you. I wonder... Hmm. Keep us updated, please.

    ReplyDelete